This Exhibition is at Duff House, in the 2nd floor exhibition rooms, from Saturday 29th Oct to Sunday 26th Feb 2017. The House is open Thurs to Sunday inclusive 11am to 4pm; entry to the exhibition is included within House entry.
It features some fantastic treasures found in Banffshire and related pieces, including:
- the Deskford Carnyx – the iconic war trumpet
- the Gundestrup Cauldron (replica);
- pieces from the Gaulcross Hoard (found near Fordyce).
- many supporting artefacts and replicas of the local Celtic theme.
A study weekend will be held later in November with various related activities – more information to follow. A pdf Activity Resource around the above pieces is available here: activity-resource-treasures-of-historic-banffshire
- Dolphins, Tulips and Napoleon – get your tickets soon !
- What’s On at Duff House – up to Hogmanay ’16