throughout Jan “the Scottish Ten”
This is a ground-breaking international 3D scanning project to digitally document the five Scottish World Heritage Sites and five international ones. Photos and 3D line images are both shown and explanation about the project.
throughout Jan “Scotland from Above”
New elements of the aerial photography exhibition including “The Engine Room” and “The Enlightenment” themes looking at the later Industrial Age.
16th Jan (Sat) Duff House tour
2.00pm, a guided tour of the House for about an hour. Included in House admission. Please book by calling 01261 818181 to be sure of a place; limited to 12 people.
NOTE: there had been scheduled a tour of Duff House policies for 12.30 also but this has been postponed, partly due to the weather and flooding. This is now scheduled for 12.30pm on Saturday 13th Feb, with extra content focusing on some of the romances from the House in years gone by.
28th Jan (Thu) “Contemporary Paper Art in Scotland”
Ranging over the disciplines of printmaking, sculpture and social engagement Alison Simpson will discussion of historically significant materials and traditional craft skills and their relevance for Scotland’s culture in the 21st century.
This is the first of the weekly FoDH Spring Talks in the Long Gallery; all welcome. They start at 2.00pm for an hour or so. Members of FoDH and HS gain free entry; otherwise a nominal charge is payable at the shop desk. The talks continue weekly through February and March.
A sample taste of later in 2016….
- David Roberts exhibition (Apr – Jul). A significant Scottish illustrator, designer and painter, chosen to fit with 2016 being the Year of Innovation, Architecture & Design;
- COAST exhibition – a stunning display in the Long Gallery, plus come and see the size of the original William Adam designed wings, and take part in some public art;
- Rembrant masterpiece display (Jul – Oct);
- and lots more to enjoy throughout the year……
- What’s on at Duff House November ’15
- Postponed tour of Duff House policies